PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2004, 08:47
PROPSWINGA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Now we are starting to see some sense coming into the argument. There are really four forces at play here and each one has a right to their respective opinion. The forces are:
Parachutists
Pilots of parachutists
Pilots who infrequently encounter para ops and,
Pilots who frequently encounter para ops.
Just because someone does not agree with any particular comment posted here, they are labelled as 'whingers' especially if that post goes against your particular school of thought.
I have said it before, I am not against parachute ops AT ALL but I do have a very serious problem with the few pilots that continually push the limits whilst flying for them. Dirt Darting through clouds is just one issue. If it is not legal, it should not be being done; END OF STORY. Likewise, the unrated pilot who flys an unrated aircraft through 8/8th to get them there needs to be grounded and in any other type of operation in the country, that would indeed be the case. The low passes, formation flying etc are all unnecessary and downright dangerous in the circumstances! Can anyone give me JUST ONE sound and valid reason why two aircraft, with 5+ bums on each would need to depart for para ops IN FORMATION (including the take-off)? The most experienced of us cannot do this sort of thing (with even one pax onboard) when flying display aircraft as it is considered too dangerous and unnecessary!
Let's US as pilots bring a little bit of professionalism into this particular aviation pursuit and continue to slam those errant few who bring the whole affair into disrepute; and if that means I have to carry the title of 'WHINGER' then so be it!

Last edited by PROPSWINGA; 16th Jan 2004 at 09:56.