PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE jobs with Serco
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2004, 08:20
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a recent recruit I will have to say my treatment has been exceptional and whilst the money isn't the best, you have to factor all the sundries and trust me it adds up. Add to this equation the different costs of living in the various parts of the Middle East and I am finding myself better off on 40% less money in my new location....I use the beer and McDonalds equation to arrive at this figure!

In my very limited experience my concern is not with the management of said company, but the contract arrangement which is quite unique to say the least.

The best aspect of the environment so far is the individuals that make up the coalface (Controllers, Techs and the like). They hale from many diverse and interesting parts of the world and all have something valuable to share professionally. Social scene is sensational too, which I have to say actually outweighs any of the touchy feely operational aspects that have been mentioned prior to this comment!

I will let you know in a few months if I feel the same way, assuming I am still on the internet at that stage as the special home for broken down and disorientated controllers may not allow contact with the outside world!