PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single engine taxi, yellow electric pump
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:17
Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd argue that in this case, tasksharing is appropriate, because it's embedded into a series of Normal Procedures - and whilst supplementary, it is not overriding.

"The FCOM also contains normal procedures that are non-routine procedures in the Supplementary Procedures chapter and in the Special Operations chapter."

Do you actually get the EFB out and 'Read and Do' the OETA Supplementary procedure, further delaying engine shutdown and placing below wing operatives at greater risk?

There is no specific tasksharing published for this procedure, so defaulting to Normal Procedures tasksharing would be quite sensible.

OM-B has nothing to do it - I don't work for a single-type Operator. Do you mean the FCTM? The AIRBUS FCTM just refers back to the FCOM Supplementary procedure....

What do you disagree with?

Do you disagree that in these circumstances, shutting the engine down and switching off the Y ELEC pump are not technically dependent on each other?

Do you disagree that the order the two actions are carried out is technically inconsequential.

Do you really disagree that delaying an engine shutdown is an increased risk factor?

You state:

The risk or roll forward is mitigated by the the proper application of the parking brake (Safe aircraft parking) and the ground staff is trained not to approach the aircraft till the beacon light is switched off.

Despite being trained not to do so, ground crew still unfortunately manage to get themselves ingested into engines, and procedural errors and technical failures still occur..

There's nothing arbitrary about it - maybe it's a considered decision I'm entitled to make as a commander, varying an SOP where safety considerations override?

Whatever order it's written down - in this circumstance it just doesn't matter...the PTU will still be barking away down the back whichever side the residual system pressure comes from.
There are probably far more important things for us to be losing sleep over....

Last edited by Bumblebee; 2nd May 2023 at 12:41.