PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus and or Bae engineering apprenticeships.
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:44
Jeeves.S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview

Hi, just got into the TUI Apprentership, never thought I would as I felt as though the online interview went very badly as I didn't use the full amount of time.

Then I got into the assesment centre (very surprised at this point). We had to do a practical task, answer multiple choice questions on maths and general logic based engineering and science questions, and had to write an essay on the 4 forces of flight.

I was then told around 3/4 days later that I had got through to the interview where I had to do a presentation too. I felt this went well. The panel seemed interested and I had contacted apprentices from previous years for what they were asked, they were generally the same (what I knew about TUI, how would I approach a situation where someone had a different view than me, all along thoes lines). Then they asked how I would cope moving to Luton which I felt was a good sign.

I also had one after that with AirTanker, where they said I passed on the day and that I would need to go to the assessment centre. I had already had received the offer for TUI so I waited my contract to come then I told air tanker that I no longer wanted to proceed. TUI was also my first choice (no pun intended) as I have followed the company due to my strong interest in aviation and particularly with the charter airline industry.

But my advice would be to know ins and outs of the company as I found it relatively easy to answer some of the TUI based questions. I had practiced the others in my spare time. I have always been a big aviation nerd so this is why I found this bit quite easy. Some questions however, needed me to think on the spot and find and example I had, I found that I had examples that I hadn't even thought of in practice and they just came to me on the day when asked. I think I went into it with the mentality of knowing that "they don't know what they don't know" so I was telling them everything. Saying that, I had forgotten to mention examples that I had practiced which was wiered like how I volunteered at Coventry airport on the Nimrod. I was kicking myself....

​​​​​I would also say that it would be a good idea to know what your ideal career progression would be and to understand the difference liscenses you can gain from the apprentership (something that I didn't necessarily think of/focus on in detail when going into the interview).

All payed off in the end however and I was (and still am) over the moon as I've always wanted to do this, especially with an airline that I have followed and continue to go on holiday with since a young age.

​​​​​​