PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crosswind landing A320
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2023, 21:52
JABBARA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedwinner View Post
Thanks man, i have already read this article. My main point was: is the drift angle (Track to heading) representative for the max crab angle? For me i see often more than 5° but the AC is aligned from my point of view.

Did I misunderstand something?
Please someone correct me if I am wrong
What I understand from word "drift" airplane track is aligned with Rwy centerline AND it is on the centerline, What I know during an approach, regardless what the crosswind is, drift should be zero, there is no other way, it is a "Must"
What I understand from word "crab" : To fly a zero drift approach and zero drift touch (which is a must) there are two ways
1 Crab approach and touch: Pilot flies the airplane into wind (upwind side) and TAS vector plus Wind vector gives a Ground Speed vector aligned with and on the centerline of runway extension, or on the the runway touch: It is a weird view from cockpit but easy
2 Sideslip approach and touch : From a crab position, pilot aligns heading with rwy with downwind side rudder but this starts a drift and this drift is stopped with a bank into wind A better view from cockpit but not that easy
If we agree with all above, maybe I have more things to say about decrabbing at touchdown

Last edited by JABBARA; 1st May 2023 at 22:56.