PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 30th Apr 2023, 08:27
tossbag

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
A lot of pilots talk the talk but won’t walk the walk and most of us are guilty of this as we value living in Australia and/or our family aren’t keen on the idea of moving overseas due to family / career etc etc.

I get the conundrum the QF Group management / employees are in. Take those who are loyal and stay in the group but completely obliterate the subsidiaries or try and stimulate internal progression to mainline (but release date is 1-2yr away) but risk those on the hold walking as they can see how many seniority slots they’re going to lose.

I don’t know what the answer is and I feel sorry for everyone on both sides of the fence trying to work through this.I’d be very interested to know just how many are actually leaving our shores and whether it is really affecting filling seats here in Oz…I don’t believe it is
The answers are pretty simple, if you are going to create a training entity with your name plastered all over it but bears zero financial risk the least you could do is create a genuine pathway. There's no reason these candidates shouldn't be cadets, both in mainline and link. You fix the FO problem then move on solving the Captain problem. But oh no, lets hold out for space shuttle pilots to fill SO spots.