PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 30th Apr 2023, 07:52
cLeArIcE

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by High_To_Low
A lot of pilots talk the talk but won’t walk the walk and most of us are guilty of this as we value living in Australia and/or our family aren’t keen on the idea of moving overseas due to family / career etc etc.

I get the conundrum the QF Group management / employees are in. Take those who are loyal and stay in the group but completely obliterate the subsidiaries or try and stimulate internal progression to mainline (but release date is 1-2yr away) but risk those on the hold walking as they can see how many seniority slots they’re going to lose.

I don’t know what the answer is and I feel sorry for everyone on both sides of the fence trying to work through this.I’d be very interested to know just how many are actually leaving our shores and whether it is really affecting filling seats here in Oz…I don’t believe it is
It's pretty simple. Recruit into mainline and hold people back for a few years if you need to but, give them a number on the seniority list. Then they don't feel like they are being screwed when all the externals jump them. Having airlines like Jetstar not treating employees with absolute contempt and basic quality of life improvements wouldn't hurt either.