PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sudan brit evacuation
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2023, 07:33
m0nkfish

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
With your humanitarian instincts pouring forth, combined with a resolute support of officialdom "always knowing best "...clearly, you could have risen to the highest level in the FCO...albeit you are not alone on here in this respect.

This report offers a slightly different, and probably far more realistic, account of the dangers faced by those attempting to leave....
NHS medics and UK nationals faced risky route to Sudan evacuation point | Sudan | The Guardian
Seems to me pretty typical woke reporting, similar to what we have had to endure from the BBC. Anyone watching/reading could be forgiven for thinking there were British Nationals and NHS doctors only whereas I’m sure there are other foreign nationals with work permits who are unfortunate in that they don’t work for the NHS and so won’t be benefiting from the virtue signalling of our media.

I would like to think that if it was me and my country was coming apart at the seams with people being injured and killed by shrapnel, and I was a trained medical professional, I would be making my way to a local hospital to try to help out. Let’s hope the returning doctors are coming back to go to work and not go on strike!
The following 2 users liked this post by m0nkfish: