PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Single Engine Missed Approach
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2023, 19:34
JABBARA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Sonicbum

Hi JABBARA

it must be a typo but the LCG is never limiting. Probably You meant ACG
You are right I mistakenly wrote LCG, I corrected it as ACG (Approach Climb Gradient)

Flysmart does have an option to select the required GA gradient and the target altitude until it is required. In that case I believe the results do take care of varying conditions as you have detailed.
That is right if available,
In our FSA there was no such a calculation
The only one on FSA was based on to meet requirement as in EASA CS 25.121 Climb: one-engine-inoperative (d) (1),
If the entered landing weight for given landing condition (including selected CONF) was too much to be able to meet a momentary 2.1 % with single engine + APP Flap + L/G UP, further landing parameters are not calculated.

However the way you describe is not clear for me, if you enter a standart Missed approach gradient (2.5%) up to 4000 from SL GA, what does it calculate?
Does FSA calculates a max weight, so that at given conditions, when airplane reaches 4000 feet, reducing gradient as ascending finally hits down to to 2.5% ?

Last edited by JABBARA; 29th Apr 2023 at 22:29. Reason: Changed GA flap with APP flap