PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slán Alan , hello ....
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2023, 10:49
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts
I'm headed back to the Land of the Rising Sun next month for the first time since Covid hit and I'm booked with Qantas.

This will be, I think, the 13th trip there and all but the first three were with Qantas, the first lot were JAL.

Must admit that the JAL trips were all great; once got a free upgrade to First Class and I didn't ask for it. It was offered to me.
But only one of the Qantas flights was, at first, looking to be not enjoyable. On one trip back home I had a pinched nerve in my back which made any twisting or cramped position sheer agony, and despite requesting a seat with suitable leg room when checking in at Narita for the flight home, I found myself in a seat right up against a bulkhead separating Cattle Class from Business with virtually no leg room whatsoever!!

As the A/C was taxiing out for departure I called to a passing Male F/A and explained my predicament. He could see from my expression that I was in severe pain and said that he thought he could do something for me. Could I please hang on until after T/O?

Shortly after T/O the F/A returned and said that he had another seat for me. It turned out to be an Exit row seat on the other side of the A/C and that I should stay there until after landing!

Needless to say, the pain levels were far more bearable. Errr... the complimentary bottles of Red that F/A ensured came my way did help somewhat...