PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2023, 15:39
pug

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by BACsuperVC10
They are loosing out on those passengers whos preference is a Liverpool departure. It’s the same as for Leeds, otherside, just offer Manchester only. But they loose market share.
Losing them to who? I think given a matter of 35 miles passengers in Liverpool are not going to feel too put out travelling from Manchester if they want the Jet2 experience. The passengers who use Ryanair and Easyjet would continue to use Ryanair and Easyjet. Not comparable with LBA as that serves the Yorkshire and Humber region with few alternatives.

Not trying to say it’s not happening as I don’t know, but if they wanted to open another base then LGW would be it in my view, as it’s a huge market they don’t currently serve. Huge confidence in the people in charge of growth and strategy, they are savvy and will make the call based on what is best for the business and for the shareholders, along with the customer as a priority of course. Just would like to know how this rumour has started as they are very tight lipped about these things so would remain skeptical of any Internet rumours at the moment.

Last edited by pug; 28th Apr 2023 at 15:49.