PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2023, 15:22
go-around flap 15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Greens
But it’s not really is it? Couple less sims and a few fewer line training flights. Anyway, we’re considering captains that are supposed to be able to move freely from Co to co without starting at the bottom. Surely Captain X is capable of passing a new type DEC course at min cost (read min sectors) as he’s “been a captain for years”.
3Greens, I’m assuming you’re referring to my original post in which I used the phrase ‘captain for years’ when describing friends outside the industry being surprised how it isn’t necessarily possible for one to move to certain airlines anywhere other than the bottom - ‘but you’ve been a captain for years’ being their response. If you look around at what the norm is outside of aviation, you would surely see that those words are not unexpected of someone who is perhaps a Dr/Lawyer/Engineer etc?

I made no particular comment about my self worth or feeling of entitlement to join big airlines on PP24.

If that’s how you choose to interpret my post then fair enough, it certainly wasn’t how it was intended though.

I disagree that there is little between a type rating and a full OCC. I have done both. The type rating took over twice as long, and with 3x the sim sessions and 3x the line training sectors. That is huge. If you’re recruiting 200+ pilots in a single season that is a huge training burden!