PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2023, 08:06
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BACsuperVC10
When Flybe did LPL-SOU, they did a pretty good job, used it quite a few times, they even used BAe 146s at times, so was popular. Unfortunately when Eastern took over, they didn't offer the same type of service. Easyjet used to fly LPL-NQY and fly MAN-NQY now, so maybe, but I reckon their aircraft are well tied up for the summer.
But Flybe only flew between Southampton and Liverpool for two years or so. I can't exactly remember the year it stopped but I have a feeling that the route operated between 2005 and 2007. Eastern Airways took over the route shortly after. But as is usually the case with this part time operator, they abandoned the route cuz "they couldn't be bothered".

Regarding easyJet on MAN-SOU, I wasn't expecting any immediate announcement from the airline as I'm fully aware of the fact that their current fleet are tied up for summer 2023.

Although LPL/MAN-NQY are two totally different markets to LPL/MAN-SOU.

Eastern Airways had a SOU-NQY flight scheduled to start in summer 2019. It was on sale and bookable on their website. But surprise, surprise the route was cancelled before the first flight had even took off. Another example of a totally useless and incompetent operator.