PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2023, 07:28
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BACsuperVC10
Was actually just talking about getting between the NW and Southampton.....never mind
Regarding your previous reply which I appreciate.

I totally agree with you regarding a resumption of a service between LPL-SOU.

There are many reasons why a Liverpool to Southampton route should be successful.

Liverpool and Southampton are two great maritime gateways.
Both cities are well established partners and in particular in the ever growing cruise industry.
Liverpool as a destination in itself is a good enough reason.
Southampton with it's large catchment area and Europe's busiest cruise port.
Southampton and it's business link's, huge catchment area which includes the Isle of Wight and Portsmouth International Port.

I would love to see a resumption of a Liverpool to Southampton route. Being born and bred from Southampton and having a maritime background. The City of Liverpool will always have a special place in my heart. My second favourite city in England, without a shadow of a doubt.

​​​​​​I've been to Liverpool many times for business and as well as Manchester for weekend breaks but the thought a long drive ahead of me or a cancelled or delayed train scares me off. I'd much prefer to take the short flight compared to a hellish journey by road or rail. I have not been to Manchester since the collapse of Flybe (mark 1), all because of the absolute unreliability of the incumbent part time operator.

But if no other airline are interested in MAN-SOU than Eastern Airways what would be the outcome. The market is definitely there but the real problem we have is an absolute basket case of an airline that's totally ruining the opportunities available to them. Who in their right mind would book a flight with Eastern Airways feeling totally confident in the knowledge that it won't be cancelled.

So if no other airline are interested in operating MAN-SOU what are the options. Considering that there can't be much hope for a resumption of a Liverpool to Southampton route, unless maybe easyJet took an interest. But if easyJet we're interested in flying between the northwest of England to Southampton I should imagine that it would more than likely be a MAN-SOU route.

Message to easyJet.

Maybe and I said maybe, can you please consider starting MAN-SOU so that we don't have to put up with the totally useless and incompetent and part time incumbent operator we currently have to put up with.

I said maybe, Your gonna be the one that saves me, And after all, You're my wonderwall 👍

​​​​

Last edited by Sotonsean; 27th Apr 2023 at 07:44.