PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2023, 12:59
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr A Tis
Given MAGs track record on freight, it would not surprise me at all if they (MAG) want to discourage any domestic flights. Let's face it- there are no specific domestic facilities & pax experience isn't great in T3. Probably in the too difficult tray, wanting to concentrate on high spending in shops bucket and spade flights.
Given the rail network state, MAG could have had a decent domestic business if they invested or cared about it.
They used to have the best (IMHO) domestic offering in the UK back when Pier A was rebuilt as T1 Domestic. It was an oasis of well behaved, suited and booted calm, where BA's Landor B757s mixed with Loganair and Manx offering more UK domestic destinations than any other UK airport. I always thought that was GLA 's crown with all the Highlands and Islands airports, but no, t'was MAN back then. Of course traffic some was lost to the trains but many were lost to the trauma that is modern T3. It was a passenger experience delight, even without lounge access. Nowadays, domestic at MAN is summed up by BA not even caring enough to have their own lounge anymore. Yeah, follow the money, I know....

Last edited by Skipness One Foxtrot; 26th Apr 2023 at 14:25.