PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Academy in Czech Republic...opinion !
Old 24th Apr 2023, 21:31
iuliame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The absolute WORST flight school in entire Europe! Usually I dont like to write bad reviews about places but here I really have to. People, for your own sake, DO NOT choose this school for your pilot career, I didn’t listen to the bad reviews that were written here, and now I deeply regret it. I did my PPL in this school in the period January 2022-march 2023, process was delayed due to the fact that I was working in order to earn the money that was later on flushed down the toilet by this totally bull**** school and its greedy people. I will tell you STRAIGHT FACTS about what they did to me. This school operates from an airfield with a grass runway, in slope, that can obviously not be used after rain, snow, etc. I thought this was going to make it cheaper but it didn’t. In May 2022, the instructor who was my main one (an absolutely amazing and professional guy, I am totally grateful that I had the opportunity to fly with him), said I am 90% ready for solo, and I will need one more training flight, solo check and then solo. He went on holiday for a month (nothing against this, it is his full right), a time in which I was flying for nothing, as other instructors won’t release me for solo for some reason. My friends (also studying in scamming academy) advised me not to fly until this particular instructor returns from holiday. I took their advice, and when he returned from holidays I don’t know how it was possible to have, one flight, solo check, and then solo, after not flying for half a month almost. On the day of my solo, we landed in Brno airport and the nosewheel was trepidating. Turns out the damper was broken. We had to waste time (and money), to return to the airfield where it got fixed. After discussing it with the school, they gave me a 30 euros discount (which was not enough) for this thing. Again, wasted time and money when they forgot one pair of headsets and we had to go to the airfield in Brezi to pick it up. It is absolutely unbelievable how I got scammed with my own money, with the money I spent on PPL I could’ve bought a flat! Their fleet is a graveyard, always inop equipment, etc. I had fights with them regarding money, and their answer was always ”You don’t pay you don’t fly”. The myFBO where you can see all the money that you need to pay is total crap and they write there whatever they want (for instance they charged me for refueling in Letnany when I never flew from there). Some of their ground instructors are very rude and arrogant, and for the information, if I do not know certain things it is not because I scratch my b***s the whole day, it’s because I work until exhaustion to pay your salary through this school. Sadly I don’t think I could report them to a financial authority, as I am not from the Czech Republic, but what I can do is inform people about this disgusting school, for them to avoid the mistakes that i did.