PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF C-130J's to be retired early?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2023, 20:10
Mr Mac

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
"While discussing maritime patrol who was it who signed off on the Nimrod AWACS experiment or even building Challenger tanks ? "

people who read the newspaper editorials on the importance of "buying British" and "saving British jobs"

it would be a brave politician who said "they're bloody useless - we're buying American/French/Brazilian"
Asturias56
You can work with the supplier on large enough projects so that you keep some work within your country, you just need to discuss and work with the supplier. There are always deals to be done, or partnerships to be made. The stupidity, and let’s be clear that is what it is, is to be reinvent the wheel on our own. As for saving British jobs care to point to the AWACS jobs or Challenger tank factory.

I know a little about some military projects as I was involved in building some of the infrastructure for them, and I think the British people may want their taxes to be spent actually producing a product that works and comes in on budget and time rather than finance BAE shareholders, and give the poor devils at the sharp end something that works and is there when required.

Cheers
Mr Mac
The following users liked this post: