PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Siddeley Trident 3B and its fourth "booster" engine
Old 22nd Apr 2023, 16:52
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Condor …yes you were correct wrt different crosswind limits but don’t understand the relevance of performance A remark re screen height.
Water..iirc someone put meth in a 1-11 which didn’t end well (it burns).
The WAT limits were always available in the takeoff performance calculation manuals (vol3?) but you had to use a bit of creative thinking to apply them.
Twas only one of my many chats with the ex head of the fuel conservation group (known for his descent wizz wheel) that I realised that contingency fuel was already included in our trip fuel and that, along with alternate fuel, was calculated at max landing weight rather than planned weight. I had always thought how economical our operation was as the fuel score was often positive.
He of BOAC fame also mentioned that they had invested in computers for flight planning whilst our flight planning used letraset, printed a load off, which we had to amend by hand until the batch ran out.
Mind you BOAC did go to a lot of weird and wonderful places further afield than Sauchiehall Street.
rgds ace