PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2023, 11:36
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laviation
Atlanta is an obscure route from a regional airport such as EDI or MAN.. Resorting to insults shows you are probably the one who doesn’t know what they are talking about.. I am absolutely sure both airports can support a route. All I suggested was Delta hand over their operation to Virgin who would likely be the better option now they are in Sky Team!
Basic errors here. Atlanta is the main connecting hub BUT since much of Scotland-US was East Coast bound, JFK was a more sensible entry point to stop people doubling back. As EDI-JFK has grown, I would imagine ATL is coming on line to free up JFK for more point to point and filter connections over the ATL hub. It's not obscure anymore than DTW, it's a Delta superhub. Your rationale for wanting a larger Virgin A330 rather than a Delta 'frame makes some sense as the JV is "metal neutral" BUT there is a labour agreement with ALPA to keep Delta in the UK market on their own.
As for having flown a busy flight in deepest winter, remember loads don't reflect yields and that aircraft can well make more money elsewhere.