PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2023, 07:59
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laviation
I didn’t mean to come off as rude! What I meant to say was that Edinburgh is currently vastly overperforming even what they had pre-Covid. Manchester is vastly underperforming pre-covid US levels. One hopes EDI can hold on to these routes for the foreseeable but that doesn’t seem likely imo.. The routes I listed to gain back for W24 would be Aer Lingus (AA Codeshare) who have plans for large expansion anyway and United who seem a given. To be honest I think it would be better for EDI come the time Virgin have a spare A330 or two for VS to take on the Delta routes. This would largely guarantee some more ‘obscure’ ones like Atlanta to stay..
I think the fact you think Atlanta, the world’s busiest hub, is “obscure” demonstrates that you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

And the fact that it’s the route VS cut back at the first sign of a pilot shortage shows just how unimportant MAN is to the US majors.

The airline that operated the majority of the routes you listed went bust. Maybe there wasn’t demand after all. US majors serve routes to make money, not please spotters.