PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsung J3 and VOIP use
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2023, 13:59
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Samsung J3 and VOIP use

My wife has a Samsung J3 phone which gets very poor reception in the house. We have tried to set it to use VOIP internet calling but failed dismally. We have been through all of the menu options and it seems to be set up the same as my slightly newer Samsung phone which gets marginally better reception in the house but it still pays me to set it to use VOIP whenever I am at home. We are both on contracts with suppliers who lodge on the EE network but not with the same suppliers. In my case the VOIP only works if I set Aeroplane Mode and then re-enable WiFi, it won't go there if it thinks it has a mobile signal of any strength. We have tried this on the J3.

Could it be a service supplier issue?

We took the into one of the local mobile phone shops and they think they demonstrated it going to VOIP but as they didn't set Aeroplane mode we suspect it was just using it's normal network service.......

How can we find out if this model of phone actually supports VOIP calling? It may just be in the menus in the software/firmware and not supported by the hardware.

Rans6....................