PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2023, 11:14
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pug
Isnt the whole point of the exercise to ensure the airport remains viable long after Ben Houchen goes off to Westminster or whatever his ambitions might be? So it is entirely appropriate that those who are pulling the strings are scrutinised, even on an aviation forum where some of the members might know a thing or two about what is going on that would otherwise remain under the carpet.

Regarding TUI, I too would be interested to see if anything new developed, however given you mentioned growth at NCL, is this not something to consider? Wouldn’t put it past TUI to be talking with LBA about expansion now too with the loss of their DSA base. Teesside have recently offered to pay Wizzair to start flying from there but they went to LBA instead.
Agree completely. It is entirely right people are scrutinised and I fully want people to be transparent and held to account. I'm just pragmatic enough to know what success could look like if Houchen is ousted and frankly I'm tired of reading (and yes, I should simply stop reading them), the monotonous anti-this, anti-that which just fills every comment space and political narrative. There is no wonder if takes forever to achieve anything in this country as we are incapable of agreeing on anything and the words "compromise", "debate" and "respect" seems to be consigned to history (for now).