PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2023, 17:08
TCAS FAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
The problem is that the runway extension has been a long and protracted affair,even when all objections have been delt with only recently work has commenced .
The declared distances will probably not be forthcoming till the end of the year.With this being the case its probably to late for the 2024 season and airline planning for summer routes,in meantime BOH continues to expand and increase there PAX with new routes.
I would suggest that you are being a bit pessimistic in respect of the the formal notification of the extended declared distances.

The ball is firmly in AGS’s court to schedule the “as built” survey. Until the airport’s survey contractor has completed the survey, compiled the new Report and submitted it to NATS AIM, with a copy to their designated Aerodrome Inspector, nothing can happen.

NATS will verify the results, liaise with the Aerodrome Inspector, who will, acting on their verification, then rubber stamp the new distances. A NOTAM can then be sent by the Aerodrome Operator to formally notify the distances.

The time scale? I would have the surveyors on-site as soon as the paint markings have been applied. One day for the survey, allowing for disruptions caused by aircraft movements, one possibly two days for compilation of the new Report, then sent electronically to all recipients.

Even at the speed that NATS AIM and Aerodrome Inspectors work (from personal experience of the latter, not renowned for fast turnarounds) I would not be surprised if the much awaited NOTAM appears by early/mid September, possibly sooner if AGS get lucky.