PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Interview Tips
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2004, 00:06
916gold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some tips for maria

i was a cabin crew with QR.

i assume you've received an invitation to the interview. well, the interview started like this:
1)registration and you'll be given a sticker with your name to stick on.
2)the interviewers will introduce themselves. start of video about Doha and QR.
3)group discussion. during my time, it was to plan the itinerary for a family. someone in your group will present it to the rest afterwards. this is also an elimination round. intervieweers will be walking around and making observations on everyone.
4)break for about 1/2 hour.
5)get back to the hall, and they will call out some names and asked to leave the hall. (these are the successful ones)
6)you'll be given some papers to fill up -particulars. and also some questions (something about what you know about QR, and your opinion on the job...etc) you'll need to stick your passport picture on the form. so do come prepared with some stationaries such as glue, stapler,pens.
7)after about 2 hours, you'll be called in for a one-to-one interview. questions are varied. such as what's the one thing that you dislike in a friend? / what would you do if you find that particular attitude in your friend? etc.
8) you'll be informed the length of time before you hear from them again. that's the end of the interview day.

i think i heard from them about 2 weeks later.

most important thing to keep in mind during the interview, is to be a good listener and do try your best to be a team PLAYER and not a leader/bossy. and remember, from the time you register till the end, do believe that you are being observed! i remember when i was watching the video, i caught one of the interviewers looking at me - i just smiled back.

well, just treat that day as one of your happiest days! after all, it could very well be for it may win you that job!

mix around during break time and be genuine when making new friends.

good luck to you!