PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonza has its AOC
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2023, 06:08
missy

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Likely signed a contract with reduced charges etc. New startups generally go where the incentives and subsidies are, Tiger did the same, took million dollar grants from both Victoria and South Australia. I doubt they are paying those higher fees, they just wouldn’t be there. AirAsia at Avalon was fee free for the first couple of years for its 10 year deal.

The issue will be later on when contracts start being re negotiated, fees/charges start climbing. Councils are notorious for this behaviour, they will see Bonza as a good way to push revenue and double charges overnight. Very common in Europe, and Ryanair generally plays hard ball and closes bases then re opens later when they come back to the table.
Hi, perhaps my post was vague, I was referring to the AsA Air Traffic Control charges to use the airspace - Terminal Navigation charges, these are different to the Enroute charges, and any charges the airport (publicly listed, privately or Council owned) may charge. Unsure whether AsA offer "honeymoon rates".