PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 19th Apr 2023, 19:14
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by glenb
Appreciate the encouragement.

I am out from hospital, and feeling good, although perhaps not quite as good as i had hoped. Thanks for that, it landed at a good time. My next correspondence must be to a single piece of media. I want one well directed bullet before giving up and adopting what is called "radical acceptance", something I learnt recently. My initial thougfht is 60 minutes, I would welcome any suggestions or direction, and the reasoning if anybody can assist. Cheers. Glen.
Glen, I hope you are feeling better.

‘Some people in the media are aware of your situation, including very capable people. However the challenge for them is how to cut through your verbiage and turn your complaint into a thirty second sound bite that fits on less than one A4 page and that reaches out and grabs TV viewers by the short and curlies between ads for beer and on-line betting. You cannot do this yourself and there are other important stories to write and that is just dealing with your. side of the story let alone the wall of obfuscation put up by CASA and the Ombudsman.

In my opinion a Royal Commission is needed and it won’t happen. I know one or two retired judges who could cut through this case like a razor but they are already chairing other enquiries and are seriously over worked even in retirement.

‘’CASA and the Ombudsman are counting on the media being too busy to try and unravel your story and I think they are correct in that belief.,

So welcome to the third world. yesterday somebody told me their story about losing $400,000 thanks to CASA duplicity and I assume there are many others. Decisions appear and then evaporate for no reason. Why last year we were promised medical reform and RAA increased weight limits. Today? Nobody knows anything, “we need more consultation about the need for more consultations about consultation” “The regulations say this, well perhaps in your case they don’t”. “maybe you could get an exemption, maybe not, who knows? Who can tell?” “Manana - call me next week I might have some news”.

Doing business was better in Indonesia.

The following users liked this post: