PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2023, 12:07
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Emma Royds
We all make errors and the company knows that but what EK profoundly dislikes (message to those joining) are people who don't take accountability for their actions and deflect responsibility elsewhere. I would go as far to say that local management detest those that try to pull the wool over their eyes, since it really amounts to a loss of face on their part. I have seen colleagues go in to discuss a sim that didn't go well or a safety event and they were torn into shreds by Emirati management for not taking ownership of their shortcomings, which were obvious. I have also seen first hand the opposite as well.

The SOPs are not 'unrealistic and insane' as you put it and are far from it. Also FOs are not assessed on line operational efficiency markers for their command, since such criteria is deemed to be down to the control of the Captain.

EK jets don't fly by themselves and still rely on human decision making.
i have not said the SOP are insane, but what I have said that human errors, as we all make them, are handled on an insane level as EK does it. Not only errors are handled on an insane level, even a desk made prediction is made based on data interpretation, which to a complete insane level of punishment, where the slightest laps could be a ban from a command course or a retraining( or better said to a checking to death).

If seen a trainer being absolutely wrong by the books and nobody from training and fleet managment was willing or had even tried to help to put things in order, not to mention not even listend or answered a email being able what the truth was. Cover up shut up, protected the trainer by all means. So don’t tell me EK is somehow helpful on wrong doing by a trainer.
there is absolutely nothing to expect from these people. Not to say that Airbus and Boeing in this company had been till now (depending on the CPA and CPB) two complete different worlds.