PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2023, 11:16
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
of course it must be the individual, because you haven’t heard or haven’t seen.
very typical EK employee. How can you possibly know everything want happens along the way what happens to nearly 3500 pilots in this company. Just because you don’t know, haven’t heard or seen, does not mean it exists or does not happen.
this monitoring Programm exists since a very long time, and has in the earlier days only raised issues on real threats to a performance, recently this (coming in parallel with the new sick regulations) is becoming more and more a tool to sort out the so called “bad apples”, raised to a completely unrealistic and insane level.
by the way, I have heard about it before, and finally I got details.
As a commander it will not affect you, as fo aspiring command it will and it does as the decision of how much the acceptable margin is, done from behind a desk and with no real life input based how it should be from the desk.
but hey, everything is good at EK no doubt in that.
We all make errors and the company knows that but what EK profoundly dislikes (message to those joining) are people who don't take accountability for their actions and deflect responsibility elsewhere. I would go as far to say that local management detest those that try to pull the wool over their eyes, since it really amounts to a loss of face on their part. I have seen colleagues go in to discuss a sim that didn't go well or a safety event and they were torn into shreds by Emirati management for not taking ownership of their shortcomings, which were obvious. I have also seen first hand the opposite as well.

The SOPs are not 'unrealistic and insane' as you put it and are far from it. Also FOs are not assessed on line operational efficiency markers for their command, since such criteria is deemed to be down to the control of the Captain.

EK jets don't fly by themselves and still rely on human decision making.