PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2023, 08:15
Makiko

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
BR perhaps you could highlight with particularity what elements of the 350 page LH contract are as you say "****" (is it the $500 daily cash allowance in London that might be causing such angst, I wonder)
& Same for SH contract - the 53.5 monthly mins sound particularly oppressive . Is it the six months of "holiday" guys often get when they do an upgrade (particularly WB)

Perhaps you could mention any pax carriers that have a better deal ?

This could be enlightening & important information for chaps & chapettes as may wish to apply for employ there ?

Just brush up on your language skills folks & I am sure Fritz & Pierre , will just say "come on down" to Aussie EU passport holders

I would think only Lufthansa, perhaps KLM & Air France - might come anywhere within a bulls roar . & AF well its economically a basket case for decades isn't it , just propped up by French govt

& first two will only work if you join as real young-un straight out of HS or Uni I would think

But I here you tell us about these wonderful opportunities in USA with the megabucks

But to be put fully in the picture , we need to look at all the facts

Let's imagine for a moment the life of a US Pilot , done 30 to 35 years

He had a good run 1990s , the furlough of perhaps 5 to 15 years due 2001 & GFC . & he may well have lost his entire pensions (United certainly did ) when his airline entered chapter 11

This could be a trivia question . In what USA Airlines did the pilots lose all of their pensions this century , as we know United , American , Delta all filed chapter 11 bankruptcy

Then we could perhaps ask another question , in what year did the pilot wages of the big 3 - again become equal to QF mainline

Its my idea so I nominate myself to go first - I say the year of our lord 2014

Remember also WB low seniority in USA (& you can get assigned to it as a direct hire) , must be ready to enjoy perhaps up to several years of permanent reserve

This would perhaps be a little too much for the sweet boys of Aust & NZ you might think

All that glitters it not gold

Last edited by Makiko; 19th Apr 2023 at 11:14.
The following users liked this post: