PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2023, 07:36
Kylie walker

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Swimming competency cert

Originally Posted by krysha01
Hi, I was just applying for the online registration and where you attach the documents it asking for water compentancy certificate. I tried looking up online but had no luck. Where would I go to obtain it?
Hi,
I just received my email requesting CPR, RSA & swimming competency certs. I just went to my local aquatic centre with ny Qantas form they gave me and asked to be witnessed by a life guard to swim 2 laps (50 meters) and tread water for 3 minutes.
The trick is to swim your lap slowly, if you rush you tire very quickly (unless you’re a regular swimmer or go to gym). Luckily, I started running recently and passed. but after the swimming test, I realized I’m not as fit as I thought and I plan to keep running so I’ll be fit in time for GS. I’m also waiting on my ASIC clearance, & then hopefully an offer of employment! For those yet to attend AD, just research aviation recruiting questions & answers examples on YT, be prepared, armed with correct answers in the format STAR that’s what they are looking for. It can take weeks to get a reply, but once you are contacted after AD, everything is emailed relatively quick. I’m almost 50, so if I can get through all of you young ladies will do great!