PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 19th Apr 2023, 07:16
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Response from CASA to previous 3 posts

It doesnt answer the question that i asked, but here is the Ombudsmans response.

Dear Mr Buckley,

I refer to your email dated 28 March 2023, in which you expressed dissatisfaction that Catherine’s decision letter did not express a view about whether APTA had been treated fairly compared to other Flight Training Organisations (FTO). Catherine is on leave from the Office but, in her absence, I reviewed her records of investigation. From these, I can see that she considered, and sought information from CASA about this issue and ultimately decided she could not confidently conclude who (within CASA) knew what about your business model at what time, to assess the way your business was treated compared to other similar organisations. I apologise that this conclusion was not explained more clearly in her letter of decision.

Noting this investigation is closed, our Office may file but not necessarily respond to any further correspondence you send on the matter.

Kind regards

Tom Rebetzke

A/g Assistant Director | Complex Investigations

ACT and Commonwealth Investigations

COMMONWEALTH OMBUDSMAN