PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2023, 05:59
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Emma Royds
If so many areas of concern were raised, your friend got off lightly with just a performance review! We are paid to operate a jet to a series of SOPs and if you go outside of what is expected, one has to accept the consequences.

I have yet to hear of a EK pilot being called into the office for configuring early or never flying a CDA.

To all new joiners - make sure you are aware of the revised sick policy, since we are much more vulnerable now than we used to be, should we encounter long term sickness.
of course it must be the individual, because you haven’t heard or haven’t seen.
very typical EK employee. How can you possibly know everything want happens along the way what happens to nearly 3500 pilots in this company. Just because you don’t know, haven’t heard or seen, does not mean it exists or does not happen.
this monitoring Programm exists since a very long time, and has in the earlier days only raised issues on real threats to a performance, recently this (coming in parallel with the new sick regulations) is becoming more and more a tool to sort out the so called “bad apples”, raised to a completely unrealistic and insane level.
by the way, I have heard about it before, and finally I got details.
As a commander it will not affect you, as fo aspiring command it will and it does as the decision of how much the acceptable margin is, done from behind a desk and with no real life input based how it should be from the desk.
but hey, everything is good at EK no doubt in that.