PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GST Fail based on Poor DI check questions
Old 19th Apr 2023, 05:58
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Catch_0x16
No, although it may have been mentioned in passing and just not stuck with me, though I certainly won't forget it now 😄. I've since spoken to the CFI who called me this afternoon. He confirmed that it was not a failure point, the rule is there to stop people losing the camlocks in the grass. If I'd have lost a camlock, and proceeded to fly the aircraft - that would have been a fail, as it would be in an unsafe condition. But breaking a club convenience rule that doesn't relate to safety isn't a fail.

In my examiners defence, though he's a very experienced pilot, he's apparently a fairly new examiner and still finding his feet regarding grading criteria.

I learned a lot, it's good to be humbled from time to time and I'll be better next time.
You’re being too generous, that fail reason is absolute nonsense. Crazy.

Is it unsafe? Maybe a bit clumsy, but unsafe? As PIC of the aircraft, which that license allows you to be, you need to be able to focus on keeping the aircraft safe and being the last piece of cheese when it all goes a bit pear shaped.

You are NOT expected to be perfect. A perfect flight does not exist.

I wouldn’t give two seconds though to entertaining their skills as an examiner again. Harsh, yeah, but this isn’t a cheap game and it damages you to go along with their nonsense.