PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2023, 21:30
Xeptu

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Tartiflette Fan
I think that their continued blind-eye to product counterfeiting, theft of patents and state-sponsored spying on a grand scale in both industrial and military/scientific research represents serious wrong-doing and would have concerns about integrating Chinese products into strategic systems such as electricity generation, water-distribution, telecomms and many more. In fact the list is so long that one has to wonder if it would not be easier to ban them entirely : there might be problems with WTO on that, although I'm sure that China already does the same even though it may not be public.
I should have said nothing militarily wrong yet. I agree with you, we are in fact banning China by pulling out completely, it's just not politically or publicly acknowledged yet. No-one in the west is investing in China we are all packing up and going home. Macron tried to stop that but I doubt that will make any difference. If you look at the activity in China's main sea ports you can see it happening. There are a few countries in southern Europe, especially France which have some serious decisions to make. When the war in Ukraine is over those countries still sitting on the fence are going to get left out in the cold. It hasn't gone un-noticed which ones they are. It will be decades before we trade with China or Russia, if ever again.