PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V-280 wins US ARMY FLRAA contract
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2023, 16:26
noneofyourbusiness

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
From another forum "I think its much more about the adoption of open systems architecture which was viewed as an essential requirement by government for through life, cost effective support. Sikorsky didn't seem to want to offer this - its a different business model that potentially has less down stream income." and "I recall senior executives stating the explicit point of LM buying sikorsky was to get the helicopter systems integration business, and not the helicopter sales business"
True or not? In any case, Sikorsky gave away half the replacement Black Hawk business when they partnered with Boeing. The dumbest business move since New Coke.

"Raider at 10,000 lb gross weight with a 2600 HP YT706 hit 207 knots. Raider-X at probably 16,000 lb will go how fast with a 3000 HP ITE and more fuselage and hub drag? The FARA min requirement was 180 knots and that might be all Raider-X can do." and "Bell is using the PW207D1 engine from its civil 429 helicopter as an APU,. but can also use it to provide some additional power when a boost is needed"

Bell is using a second 625 hp engine for FARA. Sikorsky will have less power, and a heavier aircraft. I can't see Sikorsky winning FARA, since the only thing X2 technology potentially offered was higher speed.

The following users liked this post: