PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing pilot involved in Max testing is indicted in Texas
Old 17th Apr 2023, 00:09
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Source? for Boeing shafting the public after Lion Air? I'll assume the question is not meant as just sarcasm. . . . although I'm only citing one of several reports or court filings listing and documenting the misdeeds between Crash 1 and Crash 2.

See the court filing, "Statement by Naoise Connolly Ryan, et al., Regarding Court-Imposed Conditions of Release of Boeing Under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 3142, filed in the criminal case in federal court in Texas. On Pacer.gov, it's easily found, case 4:21-cr-00005-O, Doc. 170, filed Jan. 25, 2023, especially pages of the filing 11-14. The court filing cites sources for substantially if not literally all the statements attributed to Boeing or its corporate officers. Though the context is advocacy to right the wrong caused by exclusion of the crash victims' families from consideration of the DPA, the filing does a neat job of collecting facts and sources. Check it out.

(Just quite briefly, I'm not trying here to dispute assertions about wrong-doing by the Ethiopian entities involved - but even if all true, none of it excuses the way the company dealt with the Lion AIir crash. Perhaps that's not your view, or perhaps it is but the logic is beyond my understanding.)