PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing pilot involved in Max testing is indicted in Texas
Old 16th Apr 2023, 18:32
WideScreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
WideScreen, it's very heartening to read that there are others who saw the facts of Forkner's situation, or at least some major elements of those facts (as you've noted), as not deserving prosecution, let alone conviction.
This was clear to me, right from the beginning. People don't communicate in a way Forkner did, when they happily agree with the way they need to operate, on the contrary. Around the time, the Forkner case came up on PP, I did have little time to follow/write, otherwise, I would have done so.

Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
Especially after the unseemly - and unlawful (imho) - manipulation of the Deferred Prosecution Agreement process to exclude the crash victims' families in the Texas criminal case against Boeing, the efforts to hoist Mr. Forkner to twist in the wind look even more outrageous. As if the deliberate deceit after Lion Air wasn't bad enough....(and all the other things on all the other levels in which the company acted wrongly).
TBH, I would not be surprised, there might be more, though less publicly (known), (former) Boeing employees, which have been pushed under the train, by Boeing, just to move the blame away from the company. Fired for dubious reasons.

Even Dennis Muilenburg didn't give me the impression of being happy with the take it or get fired targets he got from the shareholders and the financial stakeholders around them. Knowing, very well, that Boeing financial road would be disastrous for Boeing's long-term future. But hey, it's a good salary, good social standing, and if they want it, I'll do so.