PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2023, 18:19
SASless

Received 544 Likes on 222 Posts
`Not complicated at all....GN raised an issue and I merely pointed out how there are different motives for these leaks we see over time.

Usually it has to do with personal financial gain or perhaps an affiliation with a particular foreign nation or in an effort to expose something illegal....and now it had to do with an online gaming group and self importance.

You are correct that there exists "Whistle Blower" Laws....but reality shoots that down sometimes as the very people who are doing the illegal activity are the ones that would have to support the conduct of an investigation of their own activities.

That is the question I posed....what do you do when you run across something that is huge but illegal and you are just a very small cog in the wheels of what is going on?

I can see differences in many of the cases.....Pollard for example had some sense of loyalty towards Israel when he did what he did, Walker did it for money, Ames and Hansen for other reasons.

This latest one is a brand new one....and what is particularly telling is it was not the Government that figured it out first.....but rather a non-government group that did.

SecDef Austin has ordered yet another review of DoD Security of Classified Information.....and one only has to wonder what it shall uncover that was not done post Snowden and Manning to prevent what just happened.

This is a very complex situation and its effects upon the Ukraine War is part of the Damage Assessment that is going on currently.

The damage to sources and methods is also being assessed.

Let's hope the gross failure of the government to prevent and detect this latest breach is being investigated with an objective of actually for once holding people at the highest levels responsible for their failures.

It should start with the Kid...and his immediate Supervisor and Co-Workers....and go right the way up the Chain of Command and identify the failures and shortcomings of the system as a whole.

It certainly is not about one snot nosed kid who is into computer games who had a need to feel important.....it goes far beyond that.
The following users liked this post: