PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you be tempted to go out with a pilot?
Old 15th Jan 2004, 19:59
Q-Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gayflyboy .....

I know this is off the topic, but so is your post - and it needs responding to...

Firstly, can I say that I am a Gay Male flying for Qantas - Longhaul ( so as you dont get any feelings of 'discrimination'

Sexuality is pretty defining for most of us, gay, straight or bisexual.

Well, dunno what you people think about wherever you come from, but in Australia .... it isnt. Yep, I am gay, yet I play football every weekend (shock - with straight people). My sexuality is a part of me, not a 'defining' part of me. What I do behind the bedroom door is irrelevant, but I dont 'define' myself as that .... neither do 'straight people' I am sure.... have you ever seen a nick name ' straightflyboy' ?

I had to stand at the bar listening to my "friends" cracking anti-gay jokes, stereotypical b.s.

mate ... I crack 'gay jokes' , they are funny .... its all about laughing about ourselves.... have you had an objection to 'racist' jokes you have heard? I doubt it. Have you had an objection to ' women jokes' you have heard? I doubt it .... Irish jokes? I rest my point ... we all make fun of each other, it is part of life ..... deal with it

You give gay people a bad name mate.... we don't have to be 'activists' .... We can actually be just normal, fun-loving people like everyone else.

Get over your sexuality mate Try and just be a human .... Gay doesnt preclude you from that