PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forgive my ignorance
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2004, 19:06
Oneday78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses. All appreciated. So many options, they're slowly being whittled down.
It boils down to this….a question of timing/cost

Option 1;
Out to the US (will look at other nations etc), most likely to NAC to study for the JAA PPL. I would also try to get some written exams prior to departure (or at least study Thom books to get knowledge level up). Would be able to get the time off around April. Would not be able to get anymore time off work and may find it hard to do any real hour building in the year.

Option 2;
Considering taking the PPL in the UK. Starting now without taking any time off work. I realise that this (usually) costs more but would leave me the holiday time neccesary for hour building in the US later in the year (November).
Main attraction of this is that I will be slightly further down the APTL road at the start of next year, with new holiday etc……..

Would like to know if this make sense to anyone?. As I have a feeling that I may be shooting myself in the foot worrying about it like this as both ways are interchangeable with regards to hour building....I am under the impression that hour building UK style is (again) considerably more expensive than the US.
Please feel free to shoot as many holes in any of the ideas above. Its the reason I put this on here and any thoughts would be great.