PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2023, 09:29
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulesx
Looking at the Sun Express website, seems their Luton - Antalya service is also not available to book for the winter 23/24 period, so no LTN flights at all, possibly been moved to Gatwick or potentially also switching to STN ??

What would really work would be TK mainline coming back on the STN - IST route, filling the Atlasjet void and enabling their IST
hub to pick up so much potential for onward traffic to the likes of CIS and Asia / Far East, demand is def there, same can be said for KLM reintroducing their AMS route as an onward hub.
I think there could be a reasonable chance of TK resuming its STN-IST service once AnadoluJet is spun off into an independent airline - as you rightly say, there is wealth of connection opportunities available from the main Istanbul airport with TK that currently aren't accessible via STN.

As far as KLM is concerned - this has been previously flagged up, and discussed earlier in the thread. With just 2 flights available to AMS with EZY, this is a far cry from when KLM, and later Buzz served the STN-AMS route, which I believe at its peak stood at 6 daily? KLM UK had a hub at STN back in the early 2000s and even had its own dedicated lounge in satellite 2 for business class passengers. Certainly they would be a welcome addition to STN for MAG I'm sure, especially given KLM's vast network from AMS. However, no doubt KLM would be mindful of how a return to Stansted might influence its passenger through flow from LHR and LCY. I'm doubtful we would ever see a return to a 6 daily service to AMS, but perhaps they could make a double-daily AMS flight work to begin with and adjust accordingly?