PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight Centre, UK
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2004, 19:05
Superfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I did my CPL/IR multi at SFC and I can't recomand them enough. as many wannabees I needed to work hard to get the dosh, which meant I had to keep my full time job while training for the CPL/IR. SFC have been very helpfull with that, they accomodated their schedule in accordance to my availability, which meant several very early SIM sessions. My instructor at the time made that extra effort to change his schedule for me, I felt we built a very close student-instructor relationship , which helped me immensly taking on the new knowledge and skills. When I think about my personnal situation at the time I took the exam for the I/R I think I would never have managed to pass at the first series without the help I received from Stapleford.
As mentioned earlier on this thread everybody is different and it's down to what you make of it ( ie: how you will interact with the people you meet). I nevertheless think that SFC have a "human" dimension and just don't take your cash in exchange of some training. It's been now 5 months since I passed my I/R test and I'm still not flying for living but I know that what I've learned in Stapleford will serve me well when I get THE interview and sim ride.

If you have any question, feel free to PM me. SF