PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best airlines to work for as a Pilot in Europe
Old 13th Apr 2023, 01:46
Fakiiri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I debated making a new thread but I might as well ask here. I'm in a unique situation and I realize that this is a very good problem to have, and I',m not here to gloat. I am a dual US/EU citizen living in the US and working for a big regional airline here and due to upgrade to CA next month. The industry here is obviously doing very well with new contracts bumping up payscales to unprecedented levels. However, as has been discussed on the forums over and over again, money isn't everything.

My wife and I have for a while been dreaming of moving to Europe to start a family. All of my family is there while hers is in the US. The dream was to work for Fedex and be based in CGN, but as of yesterday, they are closing the CGN domicile for good. This makes our dream of living in the Europe while working for a US carrier nearly impossible. So this leaves us with the choice of staying in the US or moving to the EU to work for an airline/private carrier. As far as airlines go, based on my research, only AF/KLM come close to pay and quality of life as the major airlines provide in the US. However, I don't speak French or Dutch. As far as private, people seem pretty happy at NetJets Europe. Do they ever hire direct entry CA's, or do you have to start as an FO? Are there any other good options I might be missing?

Don't know if I'm crazy to consider giving up a career in the US for the EU, but we'd prefer to raise kids there...

Thanks all