PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2023, 20:49
pug

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by dsamole
99.9% sure PEEL has zero intention of letting it go without a fight. When approached by the first consortium (a group of TUI investors) PEEL we're quickly to throw them out claiming it wasn't a "serious offer". Then comes consortium number 2, and number 3 the "UAE".. from which they simply got the offer they wanted but rejected both on grounds of "we dont know the source of your funds". Simple, get out of jail free card. Now, PEEL are hoping that the CPO cannot be funded and gets thrown out thus leaving them with reason not to put in for redevelopment plans citing "no credible offers".

Yes the approach lights, runway lights and so forth are all being removed and placed into "storage".. which is probably being carried out by Harry Hudini LTD.
Wasn't the group of TUI investors led by a TUI Captain? The interested party from the UAE apparently pulled away after they were asked for proof of finances (and where it was coming from), they also ran to the Times a week before to say that they weren’t all that bothered about buying anyway, and Peel weren’t all that bothered about selling.

I’m sure you know more, but reading between the lines a bit I would guess that the offers that have been placed in front of Peel so far will fall way short of what Peel might deem reasonable for a large chunk of development land that they sunk a lot of capital into to make it into an airport. This I think is what is holding up proceedings. What have these people been valuing the site on? A loss leading airport most likely..

As far as I’m aware, no official announcement has mentioned any asking price, but I think it’s reasonable to assume that a quarter of a £billion is what it would take for them to take anyone seriously. Unless you know otherwise?

Council must have some pretty bang to rights legal advice if they are to progress with the CPO, but I’m sure water off a ducks back to Peel who as always are keeping their cards close to their chest.