PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2004, 17:57
Arrowhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a load of rubbish has been written here.

OFT uses CAA approved examiners (sometimes flown over from UK schools such as Atlantic in Coventry, sometimes resident British examiners in Florida) who then take the tests in N registered aircraft checking you are observing the local rules and regulations of the US. Your exam form is signed by the examiner, and OFT has its own CAA authorisation for PPLs and IMCs (except CPLs which is done under Cabair authorisation). The CAA receives tens of these US-derived applications every month and is not "biased" at all.

And no, I am a happy ex-OFT student, not an OFT employee. PL I will send you a private message, but check my Flying in Florida post.

The continual problem seems to be PPL students go to Florida not checking out all the fees in advance (ask if there are any hidden or extra charges), expecting luxury accomodation for £20/night, and expecting aircraft that cost less than half of the UK price but have similar or better condition. WAKE UP EVERYBODY. Florida is cheap and cheerful (as opposed to cheap and nasty).

--->