PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Sponsored MPL
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2023, 11:04
4KBeta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed_Trim_Fail
Any interview in aviation a shirt and tie/jacket is a must; at every airline I have worked at a suit was expected on your first few days of induction/the OCC as well. In the sim we used to be expected to be in a collared shirt at the very least, preferably with a tie, but that changed to uniform at my last employer.

Being overdressed is not an issue - worst case you take the tie off and are instantly casual.

You are looking to join an airline which will have extensive guidance on how to wear your uniform, down to when and where the hat goes on - how does it look if you don’t even put a shirt and tie on for an interview, virtual or otherwise?

Edit: The mantra “dark suit, white shirt, red tie” used to be the go to for airline interviews, not seen it around much recently.
Of course, a face to face interview I won't disagree - however a virtual interview, I've never worn a shirt and tie. It might be the world I work in now (Product) but it's never been a concern for those I'm interviewing or the interviewer. Person > If they can wear a shirt and tie - of course don't look a complete scruff

To be honest, I was likely on a the cusp of any age they would accept (of course not asked for) and I didn't do well in all the tests, average on one at least.