PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2023, 10:35
m0nkfish

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Low average
That link you've posted is from an exercise in the Nevada desert.

China have Taiwan surrounded, and have passed the median line. China has discarded the status quo.

What's changed? China has changed - I refer you to my post below:

The reality is that the Chinese have been exposed by Russia and have been forced to switch strategy, they can no longer rely on a divided, sleepwalking Democratic world - so the bullying tactics have commenced prior to the next move.
Anti China sentiment began long before Russia invaded Ukraine. President Trump swung the first shot when he quite deliberately sought to position the crosshairs away from Russia and towards China. Since then things have gone from bad to worse. No doubt Putin saw this, as well as the withdrawal/retreat from Afghanistan as a green light to launch his silly military escapade in Ukraine. All of this has exposed China, but not in the way you think. The world is recognising that they are a super power, and America and the West would do a lot better if they extended them the kind of respect that they would expect themselves. Instead we are now locked in a cycle of escalation that will result in a conflict unless someone breaks it. I think Macron recognises this and doesn't want his country sucked in, which is sensible.

America should adapt its foreign policy to reflect the reality of the world as it actually is, not how it was 20 years ago. China is not going to do as it's told because it doesn't have to. However much we might disagree with its actions, that is the reality.

Last edited by m0nkfish; 11th Apr 2023 at 11:18.
The following users liked this post: