PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2023, 10:13
Tartiflette Fan

Received 286 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Sadly we did it too, we truly believed that both China and Russia would become a democratic and free world like us. Most of their young people want that, in Russia they even believed they had that, until Putin said, this is not a democracy, you are not free to do what you want and I'm in charge. The same can be said of China albeit China hasn't actually done anything all that seriously wrong yet, We believed it wouldn't make any sense and it doesn't. I still believe in a free trade market just not with a regime ever again.
It is true about democracy, it's not free, you have to want it, you have to fight for it and then you have to defend it. Welcome Ukraine, may it be over soon and you take your place with us.
I think that their continued blind-eye to product counterfeiting, theft of patents and state-sponsored spying on a grand scale in both industrial and military/scientific research represents serious wrong-doing and would have concerns about integrating Chinese products into strategic systems such as electricity generation, water-distribution, telecomms and many more. In fact the list is so long that one has to wonder if it would not be easier to ban them entirely : there might be problems with WTO on that, although I'm sure that China already does the same even though it may not be public.

Last edited by Tartiflette Fan; 11th Apr 2023 at 11:44.