PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2023, 03:57
golder

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Ninthace
I think the question now is rather the reverse. Would European countries shed blood over a cat fight in the Pacific. I suspect the answer would depend to some extent on how much Australian blood was being spilt and where, and to what extent European countries could make enough difference in time. Pretty sure the British would try but I cannot speak for the other countries. I am sure they would make an effort in economic terms but in actual hardware and bodies?

From both European and US perspectives, could Taiwan stand long enough for a military intervention to be made? Would such an intervention succeed? Would the cost be worth it? What are the risks of escalation? All way above my pay grade but presumably it is being considered in the relevant capitals
Going by Macaroon. I can only take him at his word. He said about Taiwan in the SCS "the great risk, [we] gets caught up in crises that are not ours"
They can ignore the others in the Pacific, if they wish. Abandon the existing world order....Does France not even care about, what's left of their Pacific colonies?

@
Sfojimbo, FYI, I didn't report your post.