PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 9th Apr 2023, 07:03
PubliusNaso

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Neilth
I'm booked in for my Interrupt test next week. How different is it from the radar test in Stage 2? Just a rough overview of the extra steps involved would help heaps. Just trying to make sure I don't go in completely blind on the test. Any tips from those who have already sat the test would go a long way too. Is it the same test that goes on for the full hour or are there a variety of tests?
If the setup is the same as it was a few months ago, it's a Teams call with people from Airservices and half a dozen or so applicants. You all have a chat, you do a practice run, and then you do the actual test with your camera on so they can watch you doing it. The actual test is, from memory, about 15 minutes or so.

The test is another radar simulation-type one, similar but different, and you get 'interrupted' by other tasks, although you have slightly longer to complete them than the maths equations of the earlier round. I found it all quite fun, and from what I've seen, so do most people whether they get through or not.